The first action you need to do in order to get a Drupal website is to request it. You can create and manage a Drupal website in the webservices of CERN.
By filling the required fields and accepting the terms, you create a request in order to get a new Drupal Website. More specifically the options are:
- Site Category
- Official Website: An official website is a public website, the one that will be online for the out world.
- Test Site: A test site can be used to build your website or just test new functionalities/features
- Site name: the name of your website. For test sites, the names are restricted to have the word "test-" as a prefix
- Description: A short description of your website. This is used for admin reasons and it won't be publicly visible
- Site Type: The type of your website. In our case you should request a Drupal 7 or Drupal 8 website, based on your needs